We are currently looking for a hard-working and motivated Material Controller to work with an established family-run manufacturer of plastic components in Droitwich Spa. The company manufacture a range of plastic products from several different types of plastic and in a wide variety of different colours. Applicants should have demonstrable experience in hands-on batch mixing, ideally with plastics, and be capable of reading and understanding long or complex part and batch numbers. This is an independent role, where the successful candidate would have responsibility for accurately stocking production machinery across the factory, and performing batch changeovers in real time as and when required.
The right candidate would be employed with a view to achieving a permanent contract after a probation period of approximately 3 months is completed.
The initial pay rate would be £9.00 per hour to be reviewed after fully trained up to £9.85, with the potential for regular overtime available (x1.5 for anything over your standard working hours, x2 on Sundays).
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes.
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Good numeracy skills
Previous experience in a similar role and a forklift licence would be ideal; however, training will be given to the chosen candidate
The position is rotating days, week about:
- 0600 – 1415 Monday – Thursday, 0600-1100 Friday
- 1400 – 2215 Monday – Thursday, 1100-1600 Friday
Although the core working hours are as specified, a degree of flexibility is required to cover holidays and any change to business demands.
To ensure that all material and packing requirements are provided when required to the shop floor in a timely manner
- To ensure that all production machines and assembly areas are provided with the correct materials and packaging
- When using master batches, ensuring that the mix/dosage is correct
- To carry out a daily material stock check against the production plan and report any shortfall to the Production Planner
- To maintain material records at the machine and in the material stores area
- To assist in maintaining shop floor housekeeping requirements by only supplying the minimum amount of material/packaging necessary to keep the machine running.
- To ensure all ancillary equipment, such as, dryers, dozers, hopper loaders are maintained and functioning properly
- To assist the Stores Supervisor as necessary with general stores duties when required
- To carry out tasks in line with the Health and Safety requirements (Safe Systems at Work).
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping in line with the Company’s 3S and 5S policy.
- To carry out any other tasks as instructed by the Shift Manager
- A high degree of flexibility to ensure smooth running of the factory
- Cover for colleagues when they are on holiday or absent
- A reasonable amount of overtime when required
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to Sean King at email@example.com and give the TRCM team a call to discuss on 01905 – 73 1234.