Tool Preparation Operative
responsible to the Tooling Supervisor
Overall purpose of job:
- Responsible for Tool Preparation for Daily Production Requirements, ensuring that tools are ready as per tooling schedule
Principal accountabilities and key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Servicing of Production Tools, to ‘as new standard’ when tools are removed from machines, ready for the next production period
- Carry out general repairs to tooling as directed by the Tooling Supervisor and in emergency, as directed by the production Shift Managers
- Upkeep of the tooling workshop including cleanliness and ensuring the area is safe and tidy at all time
- Ensure effective communication is maintained between colleagues especially at shift handover, and partially completed work should be passed on with a written log of what’s been completed and what’s remaining
- Use of MiG-welding equipment, for repair of tooling, when required
- Work as part of any team and actively take part in team activities including Continuous Improvement Programmes
- Accurate and timely completion of documentation to comply with all necessary Quality Standards and production requirements.
- Undertake additional training to develop skills as company requires
- Support a positive Health and Safety culture, ensuring site procedures are always adhered to and Health and Safety legal requirements are met
- To always advocate the organisation in a positive and professional manner
- Continuous improvement activities
- Operate in a safe manner and following Health, Safety and Environmental rules and guidelines, whilst identifying areas for improvement
- To work in accordance with organisational policies and practices
- To undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate as necessary in corporate initiatives and projects.
- The successful candidate will need to be from a manufacturing background
- Must have a high level of integrity
- Punctual, dependable and responsible
- Strong team working ethics and customer focus
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Should be well organised and have an eye for detail
- Able to work extended hours when the occasion arises.
- Full Driving License is essential.
Salary negotiable on experience
Please email your current CV to Sean ing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01905 731234 for more information